Contact your local branch


Contact your local Rook Matthews Sayer branch.

Contact head office


For Recruitment, Marketing Surveys and other enquiries.

Contact our commercial team


For commercial property, land, businesses for sale and related services.

With you every move

“I find everyone in the office easy to work with and always happy to assist. Rook Matthews Sayer Forest Hall will always be my first choice when looking to buy, sell or rent” – Abbie, Forest Hall

Legal Requirements


There are some legal requirements that landlords need to comply with before a property can be let.. As a tenant you can sleep easy that any rental property introduced to you by Rook Matthews Sayer has passed these checks and documentation has been provided. As a Landlord you can rest assured we will keep you up to date and informed of any changes in legislation.


CP12 Gas Safety Certificates


Before a property is let the landlord must be in possession of a copy of a gas safety certificate (CP12) for the property, we can organise this for landlords. As agents we would require a copy of this certificate before any tenancy commences. A copy of the CP12 must also be given to the tenant prior to occupancy in accordance with the Deregulation Act 2015.


EPC Energy Performance Certificate/ Domestic Energy Certificate


Before marketing a property it needs to have an EPC, If a landlord doesn’t already have one, we can organise this for them. As agents we would require a copy of this certificate prior to marketing any property. A copy of the EPC must also be given to the tenant prior to occupancy in accordance with the Deregulation Act 2015.


Smoke and Carbon Monoxide (CO) Alarms


In accordance with the Smoke and Carbon Alarm (England) Regulations 2015, before a property is let a smoke alarm must be fitted on every floor at a property where there are habitable rooms; this includes bathrooms, WC’s and hallways. The alarms must be checked to ensure they are in working order on the day a new tenancy begins.
Carbon Monoxide (CO) alarms are required in all rooms which have solid fuel burning appliances. Sources of CO include solid fuel appliances, fire places, stoves, gas and oil burners, and gas fires.


We recommend that a CO alarm is installed in every habitable room where such appliances are located and as a company we have taken the decision that a CO alarm must be installed in any bedroom or landing where there is any central heating boiler located.


Government ‘How to Rent’ Guide


An up to date version of this must be given to the tenant prior to the commencement of any tenancy, including the renewal of a fixed term contract in accordance with the Deregulation Act 2015 from 1st October 2015.


The Furniture and Furnishings (Fire Safety) Regulations 1988


All upholstered furniture made after 1950 is included within these Regulations. The Regulations apply to furniture which is in residential property where that property is to be let for the first time after 1st March 1993. The furniture covered by the Regulations includes sofas, settees, seat pads, beds, headboards, pillows, armchairs, scatter cushions, futons, mattresses and bean bags.


To comply with the Regulations these types of furniture must be fire-resistant and in most cases carry a permanent label to this effect.