Let us help you. Rook Matthews Sayer specialises in selling both residential and commercial properties across the North East. With 17 offices and over 130 team members, it's no surprise that we sell more homes in the region of Newcastle to Northumberland than any other estate agent.


Let us help to get you moving.

Contact your local branch


Contact your local Rook Matthews Sayer branch.

Contact head office


For Recruitment, Marketing Surveys and other enquiries.

Contact our commercial team


For commercial property, land, businesses for sale and related services.

With you every move

“I find everyone in the office easy to work with and always happy to assist. Rook Matthews Sayer Forest Hall will always be my first choice when looking to buy, sell or rent” – Abbie, Forest Hall

CP12 – Gas Safety Certificates


If you rent out a property it is a legal requirement that you have a gas safety certificate called a CP12 for gas appliances. You must have a CP12 for all the gas appliances you own and are responsible for at the property.


The CP12 certificates are valid for 12 months and need to be renewed every year.


Rook Matthews Sayer can organise this certification for you. If you do require a CP12 just give us a call and we will arrange for a representative to come to your property to test the appliances and issue the certificate.


Any estate agent who you work with will also require a copy of your CP12 before any tenancy commences and a copy of the CP12 must also be given to your tenant prior to occupancy in accordance with the Deregulation Act 2015.


To arrange a CP12 Certificate for your property


Call our lettings team on 0191 286 4322 or email