Our news section will keep you updated on property related news and events; from changes in legislation to market trends.
You will also find news about all the exciting developments at Rook Matthews Sayer and our charitable work in the local community.
With you every move
“I find everyone in the office easy to work with and always happy to assist. Rook Matthews Sayer Forest Hall will always be my first choice when looking to buy, sell or rent” – Abbie, Forest Hall
- Breaking news…Stamp Duty permanently abolished for first-time buyers up to £300,000 (11/22/2017) - Breaking news…Stamp Duty permanently abolished for first-time buyers up to £300,000 Today Philip Hammond has permanently abolished Stamp Duty for first-time buyers purchasing properties up to £300,000 and in high-priced areas on the first £300,000 of houses worth up to £500,000 The change took place at one minute past midnight today, says the […]
- Selling? Make sure your property is on the BIG 2 (10/5/2016) -
There is so much talk about the best marketing channels to sell your home quickly and effectively and the importance of marketing your property effectively is key to selling your home.
- Happy Anniversary to us or should that be you?! (10/4/2016) -
This month we are celebrating our 25th year in business. We have grown successfully over the last 25 years and are proud to now have 16 branches based across the Region. We are also delighted to have become the Region’s Leading Estate Agent selling
- New rate of Stamp Duty for second homes and buy to let properties (1/12/2016) -
In the Government’s Autumn statement in 2015, they outlined that they would be increasing the level of Stamp duty that should be paid on second homes or additional residential properties. Stamp duty will increase on purchases of additional residential properties ...
- Going, going… nearly gone! Our latest Auction catalogue is out now! (12/1/2015) -
It’s that time of the month again when our popular auction catalogue is published, jam packed as ever with fantastic properties be it for investment, residential or commercial use...
- Our Ashington branch helps two year olds take first steps on the Property Ladder (10/1/2015) -
Nursery children took their very first steps on the property ladder thanks to the help of our Ashington branch. Children who attend the two-year-old provision at the Thomas Bewick Early Years Centre in Ashington are now the proud owners of a wooden playhouse! It was...
- Morpeth branch raising funds for Hepscott PRU following attack on animals (5/26/2015) -
Our Morpeth branch along with many outraged residents have rallied round to support a children’s learning centre after a sickening attack on its small animal farm...
- New Requirement for smoke and carbon monoxide alarms in all rental properties (5/18/2015) -
The Housing Minister, Brandon Lewis announced yesterday that landlords will be required to have both smoke alarms and carbon monoxide alarms installed in all rental properties...
- Prime Minister, David Cameron meets our Alnwick team (4/14/2015) -
David Cameron visited the market town of Alnwick during his pre- election campaign trail in the hope of securing votes from the North East of England. Whilst visiting the town he just happened to stop by our Alnwick branch...
- Oh so fine! We’ve relaunched our Fine Living brand with a luxurious new look (2/14/2015) -
Fine Living is our luxury brand, which specialises in the sale of beautiful homes with a high market value. As the Region’s leading estate agent, we are appointed to market some of the finest properties in the North East from...