Our news section will keep you updated on property related news and events; from changes in legislation to market trends.
You will also find news about all the exciting developments at Rook Matthews Sayer and our charitable work in the local community.
With you every move
“I find everyone in the office easy to work with and always happy to assist. Rook Matthews Sayer Forest Hall will always be my first choice when looking to buy, sell or rent” – Abbie, Forest Hall
- REFILL HERE (5/16/2018) -
Today we have officially become the 1st Estate Agent in the North East to join the REFILL scheme
- Our latest Auction Catalogue is now available! (5/15/2018) -
Why sell at Auction? The main benefit of selling your home at auction is the fixed timescale.
- New Hexham Branch Now Open (5/2/2018) -
Hop, Skip and a jump and we’re open at Hexham!
- We have had an EGG-cellent Easter fundraising for Mind North Tyneside (4/6/2018) -
We have had an EGG-cellent Easter fundraising for Mind North Tyneside
- Breaking News – 60,000 first time Buyers have benefitted from stamp duty Change (3/13/2018) -
The Chancellor Phillip Hammond claims that over 60,000 first time buyers have already benefitted
- Ready Steady Race! The Rook Matthews Sayer Champion Chase! (2/28/2018) -
Our Ponteland branch recently sponsored The Rook Matthews Sayer Champion Chase at Race Night at the Social Club in Ponteland
- Blyth Opens Doors to Number One Agent Spot (2/16/2018) -
Our Blyth branch opened it’s doors to new premises on Waterloo Road in August and also to the top selling agent position!
- New Hexham Branch Coming Soon! (2/2/2018) -
It’s a New year and we have another New branch in the planning!
- Housebuilding Rates Increase to Decade-High (1/25/2018) -
The number of new homes being built has reached its highest level for 10 years.
- New Year, New Branch at Ashington (1/19/2018) -
New Year, New Branch at Ashington! We’re celebrating the start of the new year at Ashington with the grand opening of our new branch
- Our latest Auction Catalogue is out now! (1/18/2018) -
It’s that time of the month again when our popular auction catalogue is published, jam packed as ever with fantastic properties be it for investment, residential or commercial use.
- Our Newly Refurbished Jesmond Branch is OPEN! (1/16/2018) -
Our Jesmond office on St George’ s Terrace , Jesmond has recently undergone a mega makeover!
- Breaking news…Stamp Duty permanently abolished for first-time buyers up to £300,000 (11/22/2017) -
Today Philip Hammond has permanently abolished Stamp Duty for first-time buyers purchasing properties up to £300,000 and in high-priced areas on the first £300,000 of houses worth up to £500,000
- Selling? Make sure your property is on the BIG 2 (10/5/2016) -
There is so much talk about the best marketing channels to sell your home quickly and effectively and the importance of marketing your property effectively is key to selling your home.
- Happy Anniversary to us or should that be you?! (10/4/2016) -
This month we are celebrating our 25th year in business. We have grown successfully over the last 25 years and are proud to now have 16 branches based across the Region. We are also delighted to have become the Region’s Leading Estate Agent selling
- New rate of Stamp Duty for second homes and buy to let properties (1/12/2016) -
In the Government’s Autumn statement in 2015, they outlined that they would be increasing the level of Stamp duty that should be paid on second homes or additional residential properties. Stamp duty will increase on purchases of additional residential properties ...
- Going, going… nearly gone! Our latest Auction catalogue is out now! (12/1/2015) -
It’s that time of the month again when our popular auction catalogue is published, jam packed as ever with fantastic properties be it for investment, residential or commercial use...
- Our Ashington branch helps two year olds take first steps on the Property Ladder (10/1/2015) -
Nursery children took their very first steps on the property ladder thanks to the help of our Ashington branch. Children who attend the two-year-old provision at the Thomas Bewick Early Years Centre in Ashington are now the proud owners of a wooden playhouse! It was...
- Morpeth branch raising funds for Hepscott PRU following attack on animals (5/26/2015) -
Our Morpeth branch along with many outraged residents have rallied round to support a children’s learning centre after a sickening attack on its small animal farm...
- New Requirement for smoke and carbon monoxide alarms in all rental properties (5/18/2015) -
The Housing Minister, Brandon Lewis announced yesterday that landlords will be required to have both smoke alarms and carbon monoxide alarms installed in all rental properties...
- Prime Minister, David Cameron meets our Alnwick team (4/14/2015) -
David Cameron visited the market town of Alnwick during his pre- election campaign trail in the hope of securing votes from the North East of England. Whilst visiting the town he just happened to stop by our Alnwick branch...
- Oh so fine! We’ve relaunched our Fine Living brand with a luxurious new look (2/14/2015) -
Fine Living is our luxury brand, which specialises in the sale of beautiful homes with a high market value. As the Region’s leading estate agent, we are appointed to market some of the finest properties in the North East from...